Job Board Listing
|Food Prep 5am|
|Longmont, CO Area|
|Contract to Hire|
Share | |
Our client is an organic food manufacturer near Boulder seeking first shift food preparation associates.
Hours: 5 am to 2 pm
The successful Food Prep Team Member will be reliable and hard working. This team is primarily responsible for the preparation of raw ingredients to be used in our finished products. The Prep production area requires good knife skills and the ability to operate, sanitize and maintain industrial machinery. This involves knife and blade handling.
• Responsible for the daily food preparation and operational maintenance of a food manufacturing kitchen
• Transfer raw ingredients from walk-in cooler to prep kitchen
• Maintain accurate inventory of prepped/stocked ingredients and register lot numbers
• Assess quality of all produce before and during preparation
• Clean, prepare, chop, scoop ingredients as needed
• Measure and mix spices, herb, and seasonings
• Open cans and other food containers as needed
• Label and move prepared ingredients to appropriate storage area
• Clean and sanitize all surfaces in the prep kitchen including machinery, utensils, floors, doors, and drains
• Remove all trash, recycle, and compost items to outdoor receptacles as needed
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area
• Follow all required work safe practices according to safety policy, including proper protective equipment
• Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
• Report any human safety, food safety, and food quality related issues to management immediately
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with peers and supervisors
• Participate in Company safety and production meetings
• Willingness to be cross-trained and moved to other areas when needed
• Must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned
Employment Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to apply to this job?